Welcome

Welcome! Sit down, peruse these pages, and indulge in the stories my dolls arouse within your imagination...

Once Upon A Doll began with my own love of dolls, especially hand made. My kids and I collect, play with, and love our dolls, and eventually I began to make dolls of my own. Although my dolls are based upon the principles of Waldorf doll making--natural and sustainably harvested materials (like wool stuffing and cotton interlock), hand spun and dyed wool yarns for hair, hand made doll clothes, 100% wool felt for shoes--my dolls cannot be called strictly Waldorf (more Waldorf-esque), as they have definite personalities, larger & more expressive eyes, and playful mouths. Once Upon A Doll features enchanted dolls made in the Waldorf tradition with a storybook theme for that special child in your life or the discriminating collector of handmade dolls.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Meet Iris...a Rainbow Princess


Little Iris simply shimmers with personality...from her unusually hued blue eyes, to her iridescent rainbow mouth...
 She sits unassisted...
 ...and is QUITE the playful minx, really!
Her hair is buttery soft hand spun rainbow wool yarn, with raspberry mohair and rainbow wool curly dreads...
 Her rainbow dress and boots are knitted by Turtlekeeper Designs!
Iris wants me to tell you that she's waiting for you to love, just listed in my Etsy shop!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Amy
Once Upon A Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment