Welcome

Welcome! Sit down, peruse these pages, and indulge in the stories my dolls arouse within your imagination...

Once Upon A Doll began with my own love of dolls, especially hand made. My kids and I collect, play with, and love our dolls, and eventually I began to make dolls of my own. Although my dolls are based upon the principles of Waldorf doll making--natural and sustainably harvested materials (like wool stuffing and cotton interlock), hand spun and dyed wool yarns for hair, hand made doll clothes, 100% wool felt for shoes--my dolls cannot be called strictly Waldorf (more Waldorf-esque), as they have definite personalities, larger & more expressive eyes, and playful mouths. Once Upon A Doll features enchanted dolls made in the Waldorf tradition with a storybook theme for that special child in your life or the discriminating collector of handmade dolls.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Meet Malcom and Kaylee....... Custom browncoat dolls

"Take my love. Take my land.
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free.
You can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black.
Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land And boil the sea.
You can't take the sky from me
Have no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me."

--Theme song from the T.V. Series Firefly

These two little custom dolls are made especially for siblings who LOVE the movie Serenity and the T.V. series Firefly...

With handmade weather suede browncoats by Maddie Bean...
 ...and brown shirts with khaki pants by Blissality...
 ...and OF COURSE the famous Jayne Cobb hats...
They sit and stand unassisted...
 ..and have the sweetest smiles (don't let it fool you, though, they are spitfires ready for adventure)!
Malcom and Kaylee even have special "browncoat" buttons and zip-up suede boots.

They are off to their new homes for Christmas morning.

May your own holidays be a grand adventure as well,
Amy
Once Upon A Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment