Welcome

Welcome! Sit down, peruse these pages, and indulge in the stories my dolls arouse within your imagination...

Once Upon A Doll began with my own love of dolls, especially hand made. My kids and I collect, play with, and love our dolls, and eventually I began to make dolls of my own. Although my dolls are based upon the principles of Waldorf doll making--natural and sustainably harvested materials (like wool stuffing and cotton interlock), hand spun and dyed wool yarns for hair, hand made doll clothes, 100% wool felt for shoes--my dolls cannot be called strictly Waldorf (more Waldorf-esque), as they have definite personalities, larger & more expressive eyes, and playful mouths. Once Upon A Doll features enchanted dolls made in the Waldorf tradition with a storybook theme for that special child in your life or the discriminating collector of handmade dolls.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Meet Birch and Little Tree

 Birch stands 13", and is a tree-hugging nature gal who spends every moment she can outdoors. She both sits and stands, and her favorite snack is apples.
 I TRIED to give Birch some shoes, but she kept kicking them off and absolutely refused to wear them. She says that one of her favorite things is to walk barefoot in the grass...Although Birch insists on going barefoot, if you'd like a pair of shoes, I can include them (although I can't guarantee she'll wear them...)
 Little Tree is Birch's best friend--she saved him not too long ago from an evil wood cutter, and they have been inseparable since. (Little Tree was hand made especially for Birch by HiTree.) 
 Birch has the most luxurious long curly mohair locks by Yarn Rescue...they are heavy, and hang beautifully. These precious locks, however, are better for an older child or adult collector, as they are a bit more fragile than normal wool yarn.
Needless to say, Birch is very playful. Here she is upside down in her lovely dress and bloomers set made especially for her by Molly's Playground. Her dress has wonderful sayings on it, like "Calm every day", "Time of healing", Happy Day", "Handmade", "Garden Life", etc.

Birch and Little Tree will be available for sale in my Etsy shop this Friday, October 18th, at 6pm pacific time. Here's the link to my shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnceUponADoll

Watch for more little darlings to be finished soon!
Warmly,
Amy
Once Upon A Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment