Welcome

Welcome! Sit down, peruse these pages, and indulge in the stories my dolls arouse within your imagination...

Once Upon A Doll began with my own love of dolls, especially hand made. My kids and I collect, play with, and love our dolls, and eventually I began to make dolls of my own. Although my dolls are based upon the principles of Waldorf doll making--natural and sustainably harvested materials (like wool stuffing and cotton interlock), hand spun and dyed wool yarns for hair, hand made doll clothes, 100% wool felt for shoes--my dolls cannot be called strictly Waldorf (more Waldorf-esque), as they have definite personalities, larger & more expressive eyes, and playful mouths. Once Upon A Doll features enchanted dolls made in the Waldorf tradition with a storybook theme for that special child in your life or the discriminating collector of handmade dolls.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dr. Who #4...a custom doll

 Anyone else love Dr Who as much as I do?
 I think we all have our favorite(s), but I was SO excited when I was commissioned to create a Waldorf-esque doll in the style of Dr. Who #4--after all, he was the first Dr. Who I ever watched!
 Every week his time-traveling antics kept me entranced as a child...
 He comes with a needle-felted tardis, of course, and a little orange jelly baby (his favorite food) imported straight from the UK.
 His amazing outfit was handmade for him by Molly's Playground, his scarf was crocheted by Gypsy Moon Crochet, and his hair is a combination of hand spun yarns by Yarn Rescue and Luxfish.
 I'm sort of smitten...
Dr. Who will time travel to his new family tomorrow.
I have one custom spot available in my Etsy shop right now :)
Warmly,
Amy
Once Upon A Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment