Welcome

Welcome! Sit down, peruse these pages, and indulge in the stories my dolls arouse within your imagination...

Once Upon A Doll began with my own love of dolls, especially hand made. My kids and I collect, play with, and love our dolls, and eventually I began to make dolls of my own. Although my dolls are based upon the principles of Waldorf doll making--natural and sustainably harvested materials (like wool stuffing and cotton interlock), hand spun and dyed wool yarns for hair, hand made doll clothes, 100% wool felt for shoes--my dolls cannot be called strictly Waldorf (more Waldorf-esque), as they have definite personalities, larger & more expressive eyes, and playful mouths. Once Upon A Doll features enchanted dolls made in the Waldorf tradition with a storybook theme for that special child in your life or the discriminating collector of handmade dolls.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Meet "Arisu in Wonderland"

 Meet Arisu (that's Alice in Japanese) in Wonderland!



She's SO very happy to meet you! Made with luscious hand spun art yarn hair (in 6 different buttery soft merino wool yarns), Arisu's dress is an imported Japanese fabric featuring the white rabbit and tea cups, of course.
 


She has a little White Rabbit friend, completely hand made and needle felted out of 100% wool just for her! He decided to leave Wonderland and be with her, since she is so much fun at tea parties!
 

Arisu is 13 inches tall, and comes with 100% wool felt shoes (with contrasting pink stitching).
 

Arisu is already sold, but I have many more delightful little Waldorf-esque dolls in the making that will soon be listed in my Etsy shop!

Stay tuned,
Amy
Once Upon A Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment