Welcome

Welcome! Sit down, peruse these pages, and indulge in the stories my dolls arouse within your imagination...

Once Upon A Doll began with my own love of dolls, especially hand made. My kids and I collect, play with, and love our dolls, and eventually I began to make dolls of my own. Although my dolls are based upon the principles of Waldorf doll making--natural and sustainably harvested materials (like wool stuffing and cotton interlock), hand spun and dyed wool yarns for hair, hand made doll clothes, 100% wool felt for shoes--my dolls cannot be called strictly Waldorf (more Waldorf-esque), as they have definite personalities, larger & more expressive eyes, and playful mouths. Once Upon A Doll features enchanted dolls made in the Waldorf tradition with a storybook theme for that special child in your life or the discriminating collector of handmade dolls.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Two Sneak Peeks

I'm making four doll heads for four new dolls this week...each doll with its own distinct personality, theme, and style...each doll with its own unusual outfit and accessories...each one quite unique for different tastes.

I've finished two of the faces!

The first is a little boy who LOVES Halloween. He loves the pumpkins...he loves the falling leaves...he loves the spooky ghost stories and haunted houses. But MOST of all he loves dressing up and going trick or treating. This year he has decided to dress as his favorite super hero from the Avengers movie--can you guess who?

Ahhh...I THOUGHT you might be able to guess :) His hair will be sparkly purple hand spun wool yarn, with curly green highlights--messy, of course, just like his alter ego. His outfit was made especially for him by Nanerjoy.

The second little girl who's face I've completed loves Halloween too, I'm sure, but then she is only half human herself. She has chocolate brown eyes (like her mother) with mischievous topaz glints (like her father)...she too has an outfit by Nanerjoy, but this outfit consists of a Forks High School shirt and a werewolf skirt (fabric by Smoking Lily). She also has a very special locket she wears given to her by her famous mother and father that reads: "plus que ma propre vie" which means in French "more than my own life".

OH--and I almost forgot. She has the cutest little itty bitty vampire fangs :)

Renesmee Cullen

Enjoying your little preview???
Two more dolls faces still to go--I wonder who THESE will be?
Hope your weekend is full of wonder,
Amy
Once Upon A Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment