Welcome

Welcome! Sit down, peruse these pages, and indulge in the stories my dolls arouse within your imagination...

Once Upon A Doll began with my own love of dolls, especially hand made. My kids and I collect, play with, and love our dolls, and eventually I began to make dolls of my own. Although my dolls are based upon the principles of Waldorf doll making--natural and sustainably harvested materials (like wool stuffing and cotton interlock), hand spun and dyed wool yarns for hair, hand made doll clothes, 100% wool felt for shoes--my dolls cannot be called strictly Waldorf (more Waldorf-esque), as they have definite personalities, larger & more expressive eyes, and playful mouths. Once Upon A Doll features enchanted dolls made in the Waldorf tradition with a storybook theme for that special child in your life or the discriminating collector of handmade dolls.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Abigail...the crimson pirate

 Abigail is a new RTG Short Story doll who has a penchant for pirates (notice the little skull and crossbones on her wee dress).
 She loves the color red, as you can tell by her luscious mix of hand spun wool yarns in red, pink and ivory.
 She's quite an adventurous doll...a bit stronger and more capable than most, but that's probably because she's so active. From sword fighting to tree climbing, she's always on the go.
 Abigail comes with a little hand made bolero, and her "boots" are 100% wool in heather red.
Abigail is waiting patiently, excited to meet her new family!

Abigail is a RTG Short Story doll, and is listed in my ETSY SHOP for $65.00 plus shipping.
Warmly,
Amy
Once Upon A Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment